Movember, the month formerly known as November, ends in two days. I’m proud to report that Canada is dominating the fundraising stats. We’ve raised ‘mo money’ here in Canada compared to all of the other participating countries. Collectively we’ve already raised over $28 million, well over twice as much as the US.
Funds raised for Movember as of November 28, 2011
|Country||Registrations||Amount Raised (CAD)|
Why is Movember 2011 so successful here in Canada?
Maybe it’s the hockey thing. A mustache definitely goes well with a hockey jersey. Here’s why the guys in our office decided to participate:
- Most of all, to support men’s health
- To annoy our significant others and establish that we are still in charge of our own face
- To make a fashion statement
The real reasons Canadians support Movember
- On average, men live 4-5 years less than women
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- 25,500 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year in Canada alone.
It’s not too late to donate.
I invite you to support prostate cancer research by donating via our team at http://ca.movember.com/mospace/1873112. By no means does the donation have to be large. $10.00 is very generous. To find out how your donation will be used, take a look at the “Programs We Fund” section on the Movember website: http://ca.movember.com/about