With the apocalypse looming this year, I thought I’d put together a list of nerdy resolutions to help you stay organized at home and at work and keep your mind off the ‘end of the world as we know it.’
2. If you don’t have one already, grab an external hard-drive and back up your laptop and/or desktop computer.
3. Clean up your smart phone apps, especially games you excitedly downloaded when you got your new smartphone but never got around to using, ever.
4. Organize your photos. Download them off your phone and work computer. Organize them into folders. Rename them following a naming/dating scheme, then back ’em up!
5. Go wireless. Get rid of as many ugly cables around your TV and desk areas as possible. For cables you have to keep, these leaf tie cables from Jet Pens are cute for tying them up.
6. Spend at least one day a month without going online. (I was going to say once a week, but once a month seems
less scary more reasonable).
7. Actually read all manuals before attempting things on your own.
8. Go through all email subscriptions and unsubscribe from ones you never actually read.
9. Sort through backlog of emails you’ve been saving for years and clean up your inbox.
10. Organize all your bookmarks. If you bookmark a lot of images, try Pinterest (Warning: suuuper addictive).
11. Update your profile photo on Twitter and Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn and anywhere else you have a profile pic online. In with the new!
12. Start mentally preparing for “The Hobbit” by re-reading the book. With the movie coming to theaters in December 14th, 2012, I just hope the world doesn’t end before the movie comes out because that would be a bummer.