In a competitive job market it’s not easy to get your resume noticed by a recruiter or a hiring manager. Sending out general applications to companies doesn’t work. In our post 5 Common Mistakes Made in Online Job Applications, we listed a few other things that can cause your application to be overlooked. Now I want to give you an example email template that may help you with your job application emails.
Recruiters often receive so many applications that they only have time to skim through the application emails to decide which resume attachments open. So you want to make sure that you grab their attention right away with your email and give them a reason to have a closer look at what you have to offer.
The best way to get a recruiter to read your attached resume: Put the job title in the subject line and summarize your qualifications for that job in the body of your email.
Here’s an email template example that shows the kind of job application emails that we like to see here at Stafflink:
Do you have any other tips for writing those all important job application email intros?
- Top programming languages to get a job in Toronto
- How to calm your thoughts and feel more confident even when you’re nervous
- How to respond to “Tell me about yourself”
- Simple Improv techniques to improve your communication skills
- How to explain a big gap on your resume
- Tackling the question: What’s your biggest weakness?
- Video: How to Ace Your IT Job Interview
- Video: Tips for Successful Telephone Job Interviews
- Video: Tips fo a Successful Skype Interview