Experts hang out at conferences and IT recruiters are always looking for experts. Lanyrd is a free mobile application that helps you connect with the incredible pool of talent that can be found at technical conferences.
Lanyrd makes it easy for you to search for events and meet people who are participating in conferences. It’s a great way to reach out and make connections while you are attending a conference.
But that’s not all. It is also a great way to find subject matter experts if you are looking for potential job candidates.
Networking on the go with Lanyrd Mobile
Lanyrd works on almost any smartphone or mobile device. Which makes it the ultimate professional networking tool if you happen to be attending a conference, or even while you’re commuting to work on the train.
- You can connect with your Twitter and LinkedIn contacts to discover what events your contacts are attending and speaking at a conference.
- It gives you the location and the proper hashtag and Twitter account of the event.
- You can create your own profile to let others know what events you are attending or what events you will be speaking at.
Lanyrd for recruiting
The best part about Lanyrd for recruiting is that it basically gives you the information you need to tap into a community of subject matter experts. You can see the conference schedules along with directories of attendees and speakers. You can find people to meet up with and you can even see who’s talking about the event on Twitter. If you miss the event, you can use the website to catch up on slides and videos from the event.
Chances are that some of those people are interested in discussing career opportunities.
For example, let’s say you are looking for Python programmers to fill a job opportunity in Toronto. What better place to find them than at a Python conference in Toronto.
- Go to Lanyrd.com and search for “Python Toronto”.
- Click the link for the conference. You will see lists of known attendees, speakers, links to the attendee and speaker directories, and even a list of people who are talking about the event.
- Now that you know the names of some of these Python enthusiasts, you can connect with some of them on Twitter, LinkedIn, Github, blogs, portfolios and all of the other places that IT recruiters go to follow IT talent.
Video: How to use Lanyrd for recruitng with your mobile phone (2:33 min)
Here’s a short video that walks you through the app and shows you how I use Lanyrd for recruiting.
Have you used Lanyrd for recruiting or for meeting people at conferences? Did you make any connections that help you find a job or fill a job? Please let me know in the comments.